Pagan Federation International Pagan Federation International Forum Index Wiccan Rede Magazine

Interesting Thanks giving here in the New Mexico desert

New topic   Reply to topic Pagan Federation International Forum Index => Interfaith & Intrafaith

Previous :: Next  
ChristopherBlackwell Post number 23134 Posted: 26th November 2016     Subject: Interesting Thanks giving here in the New Mexico desert
I was invited to a Thanksgiving meal by a Seventh-Day Adventist friend. A couple of days earlier I had a newer middle age Black American Muslim convert over who gifted me with a cup of hot Moroccan coffee and some prime dates from Saudi Arabia. He would like me to convert to me Islam and make me a good Muslim out of me. So I gifted most of them to my Christian friend along with the story about them. The Christian Friend had briefly studied Islam with some Muslim friends in Tucson in his younger days. Meanwhile my Muslim Friend has a safe place to discuss his religion with me. I don't think I will convert though, as that going prostrate on a prayer rug five times a day could be difficult. Not the going down, but trying to get up with my seventy-one year old body. However I am liking Moroccan coffee and looking forward to my next cup of it. [Grin]

Wisdom is what is left after you have done all the dumb stuff
Morgana Post number 23136 Posted: 26th November 2016     Subject:
Thanks Christopher!

This reminded me of the use of coffee and remembered the Sufis and how they used coffee to keep awake during the night.

Coffee and qahwa: How a drink for Arab mystics went global
By John McHugo
Author
18 April 2013
The Arab world has given birth to many thinkers and many inventions - among them the three-course meal, alcohol and coffee. The best coffee bean is still known as Arabica, but it's come a long way from the Muslim mystics who treasured it centuries ago, to the chains that line our high streets.
http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-22190802

Show:   
New topic    Reply to topic Pagan Federation International Forum Index => Interfaith & Intrafaith
Show YouTube films